🍪 It’s national Chocolate Chip Cookie Day! 🍪 So to celebrate I’m sharing my delicious go-to “New Mommy Cookies” they are healthy and have special ingredients for mommies who need to increase their MILK SUPPLY! 🍼
Traditional ingredients that are proven to support breast milk supply like: Brewers Yeast, wheat germ, flaxseed, oats & more! #lactationcookies #newmama
This recipe originates from JustMommies.com However, a few ingredients are changed and added to her traditional recipe.
- 3 cups of steel cut/ old fashioned oatmeal
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 cup of chocolate chips (I prefer half cup milk chocolate morsels and half cup semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- 1 cup of butter (salted)
- 4 tablespoons of water
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons of Brewers Yeast (be generous)
- 2 tablespoons of Flaxseed Meal
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda (yes, like Arm & Hammers)
IMPORTANT! Do not substitute the brewers yeast… that’s the ingredient which makes them work.
Preheat the oven to 350F.
1) Mix together 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal and water, set aside for 3-5 minutes.
2) Cream (beat well) butter and brown sugar. Add eggs one at a time, mix well.
3) Stir flaxseed mixture and add with vanilla to the butter mix. Beat until blended.
4) Sift together dry ingredients, except oats and chips.
5) Add to butter mixture. Stir in oats then chips.
6) Scoop or drop onto baking sheet. The dough is a little crumbly, it might be easier if you use hands.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, depending on size of cookies. Makes approximately 6 dozen cookies. I like them soft so the less time you bake the chewier, moist they are!
I’ve made this recipe for mommy friends who just had a baby as a hospital or welcome home present!
Where to buy Brewers Yeast
You can find brewers yeast HERE on Amazon. or just from health food stores like Whole Foods or Sprouts.
#ohheymama #breastfeedingmama #newmamas #lactationsupport #breastfeedingwithoutfear #nursingmama #postpartumlife #nationalchocolatechipcookieday #cookiesofinstagram #welltraveledmom #our_everyday_moments #documentyourdays #documentlife #girlmama #literalmomgoals #letthembelittle #mommyblogger #dailyparenting #raisinglittles #motherhoodthroughig #storytellingmama #mytinymoments #theartofmotherhood