Whether your pregnant, postpartum or just need a way to sneak in veggies to your child’s diet…I’ve got the smoothie for you! Here’s some of my deceptively delicious smoothie recipes for fast out-the-door energy drinks your whole family will love!
Smoothies are the easiest way to pack nutrient dense foods into our diet. Check out these simple smoothies the whole family will enjoy. I’ve teamed up with a Nutrition Coach specializing in pregnancy/postpartum, Kira Andersen, to include all the key ingredients for each season of mommy life!
Key “POWER” ingredients for smoothies during pregnancy:
- Folate (prevention against spinal bifida, neural tube defects & new cell development)
- Beans, Lentils, Flaxseed, Hempseed- it’s recommended for pregnant woman to consume 10 extra grams of protein when pregnant. High in fiber and helps fight constipation.
- Broccoli- packed with nutrients, disease fighting antioxidants, folate and rich in fiber. Helps you stay full longer.
- Bananas- give you potassium you need for quick energy.
- Oats- complex carb to help you stay full longer and proven to lower cholesterol levels.
- Calcium- leafy greens are excellent sources of added calcium, iron, folate and packed with vitamins. Darker the color= higher vitamin content.
If you need the energy to get through those sleepless nights, want help shedding that baby weight or want to increase your milk supply, I’ve got a smoothie for all the new Mommys!
- Complex Carbs- These are foods that help fight fatigue and keep your feeling full longer. Yogurt, oats and nuts.
- Vitamin B3- Helps to energize your metabolism.
- Vitamin E- Antioxidant that helps increase your stamina.
- Vitamin C & Omega-3- Foods containing these sources are linked to helping fight depression and anxiety.
- Blueberries- Promotes healthy digestion and helps keeps Moms blood sugar stable.
- Brewers Yeast, Oats, Nuts, Ginger, Papaya & Carrots- all ingredients that can help with lactation and keep breast feeding mommies supply up.
So your little one won’t eat their veggies? Or maybe you just need a way to incorporate healthy fruits and vegetables? These are my favorite go-to smoothies to sneak in some added nutrients in a deceptively delicious way!
- Goji Berry Powder- helps boost the immune system, improves eyesight, can improve circulation/strength and is a great antioxidant.
- Cacao- fights tooth decay, better cognitive functioning, combats fatigue and some studies have shown it helps prevent sunburns.
- Edamame- boosts the immune system, helps to build strong bones, anti-inflammation and supports kidney health.
- Hemp Seeds- help with skin disorders, improve eczema, a plant based protein, helps with digestion and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Quinoa- digestive support, high protein content, high in fiber and a good source in vitamins/minerals/antioxidants.
- Greek Yogurt- is a much higher source of protein than milk. Helps with development of the bone, muscles, skin, hair and blood.
- Chia Seeds- great source of protein to help sustain energy levels. Contains omega-3s and antioxidants while providing high dietary fiber.
WHAT I TALK ABOUT IN THIS POST: