We are Italian, Cajun & a little Irish. So naturally I wanted to find some fun ways to celebrate this festive holiday with my toddler and her friends. Here’s some ways we made St. Patrick’s day extra COLORFUL!
Magic Rainbow Pancakes:
- Make your favorite pancake mix and divide it into 6-7 small bowls. We used a healthy protein pancake mix from Arrowhead Mill.
- Next, add each food coloring to each bowl. Stir with a plastic utensil until you reach the desired color.
- Cook the pancakes as instructed on your mix packet. Stack colors like the rainbow. Top with whip cream and sprinkle lucky charms on top!
Pinch Proof Potion:
- Add a drop of green food coloring to milk to give it a magical green spell that will keep you feeling lucky all day!
- The free printable design label can be found from Just Add Confetti
Lucky Leprechaun Goo
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup salt
- 4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil (coconut oil works too)
- Food coloring, optional
- Quart sized bags
Stir together the flour, salt and cream of tartar in a large pot. Next add the water and oil. If you’re only making one color, add in the the color now as well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. Continue stirring until the dough has thickened and begins to form into a ball. Remove from heat and then place inside a gallon sized bag or onto wax paper. Allow to cool slightly and then knead until smooth. If you’re adding colors after, divide the dough into balls (for how many colors you want) and then add the dough into the quart sized bags. Start with about 5 drops of color and add more to brighten it. Knead the dough, while inside the bag so it doesn’t stain your hands. Once it’s all mixed together you’re ready to PLAY.
Planting a Rainbow
- Grab a bag of Skittles as imaginary rainbow seeds and let the kids use their imagination planting the “seeds” while teaching them how things grow.
- Free printable can be found here on AThriftyMom.com
Lucky Shamrock Garland
- Pick up some green glitter cardstock at Michaels or local craft store.
- Make a shamrock stencil by printing out one from the computer or using a cookie cutter. Cut the shapes out.
- Trace the design on the green paper, hole punch both ends and then string each shamrock shape on.
Green Godess Avo-Keto Margarita
- 6 oz Casamigos Blanco Tequila
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 avocado, skin and pit taken out
- Pinch of salt
- Cilantro (optional)
- Chili lime salt
- Combine Tequila, fresh lime juice, avocado, and salt into a blender with 2 1/2 cups of crushed ice. Blend until texture is smooth.
- Pour contents into a rocks glass rimmed with chili lime salt over fresh ice.
- Garnish with cilantro and a lime wheel.